God is LOVE

"How great is the LOVE the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called CHILDREN of GOD - 1 John 3:1"

I went back to Taiping last Saturday to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. Suddenly I found this very old photo album... Surprisingly, I found my photos in that album. According to the date that printed on the photos, I was 3 years old then. In my opinion, these photos are so precious, so I took out my hand phone and took the photos; turning the analog into digital. Here are the photos:-

These photos were taken in the late 80's. I was born in the middle of 80's -1986- So, I did not remember anything about 80's. Well, so much of my childhood time was in the 90's and teenage time was in the new millennium.

I always wonder how was it like to be in the 60's, 70's and 80's... Hmm... Do you know, I have this thought that the people, the environment and everything in the 60's, 70's and 80's were in the faded colour, yellowish or brownish like those colour that we see in the old photos while the people, the environment and everything today are very rich in colour -like the current photos that we have today- Haha! Actually, I am so wrong! The colour of the old pictures make me think this way... What a silly boy like me...

If I have a time machine, I want to travel back to the 60's, 70's and 80's... I really love the oldies music so so much especially all the love songs. In my opinion, those songs were very well composed and written. How could you resist such a song with nice melody and beautiful lyric? The Carpenter, The Bee Gees, ABBA, Lobo, Rod Stewart, Air Supply, etc; their songs are evergreen, with meaningful lyrics and nice to our ears when we're listening to it.

Talking about the fashion and style then; well, I am not really into it but I think it was cool. Bell bottom pants -HAHA!- my dad and my mum were wearing it when they were young with high waist line plus a tight tee or shirt. Polka Dots top or skirt -HEHE!- and wedges; I think it was girls' favourite outfit on those days, yeah?

Do you realized that people are bringing back or reintroduce the 60's, 70's and 80's into the current music and fashion? Some singers are doing cover version of some oldies songs... In addition, I can see some youngster nowadays wearing bell bottom pants -maybe not really that flare like those days- and some ladies are wearing wedges today. You might not realized it, maybe you are having something that in your house are from the 60's, 70's and 80's...

As I can see, lots of changes had taken place since then. Today, things are so different! The music that we are listening everyday and the clothes that we are wearing everyday are so different compare to the past. Human attitude is changing too; it is either changing to be more worse or changing to be better... Well, one thing which I am very sure of that God is everlasting and He will never change; He is still the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Whether it was in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's or today or tomorrow, God is still the same faithful God and the same loving God! Amen!

Cheerio! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment