God is LOVE

"How great is the LOVE the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called CHILDREN of GOD - 1 John 3:1"

Beside than general X-ray, I also learn to operate CT scan. I always amazed by what CT scan can do. I still remember last time as a radiography student, I used to ask my lecturer how this CT scan work and can scan slice per slice. Sometimes, with CT scan, I can see some abnormal things like cyst, mass or tumor.

Last Friday, I was reading the final few chapters of this autobiography, End of the Spear and one of the chapter, Steve Saint -the author- wrote about his only daughter past away because of the bleeding at the brain. He did mentioned about CT scan. I can relate to it so well and I can imagine about it. Don't why after I read that chapter, my heart was aching so badly and feel very sad about Steve Saint's daughter. One thing that I learned from this is that life can come with lots of unexpected things.

Yesterday, it was so busy at the CT scan room. This last patient that my colleague and I scanned, both of us found something strange at the patient brain. This patient is just 24years old. Later on, the radiologist asked us to repeat the scan with contrast media. What we found out that actually this patient diagnosed with brain tumor. It reminded me about Steve Saint's daughter. I felt really bad and I silently prayed for this patient. He is so young but he diagnosed with brain tumor.

Through this incidence, it prompted me to write this note -below- on my Facebook:-
"Life is too short; learn to say 'I love you' to you loved ones and 'Sorry' if you hurt somebody. Don't take things for granted, learn to appreciate people especially your family and friends before some unwanted event is taking place. Most of the regretful moments can be avoided. Simple things like making time for your loved ones, telling them how much you love them and say sorry if you have hurt them; with these simple acts, we can avoid most of the unwanted -yet regret- moments!"

God bless ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment