God is LOVE

"How great is the LOVE the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called CHILDREN of GOD - 1 John 3:1"


Praise the Lord! I experienced a great awakening during my recent Cell Group retreat at Cameron Highlands. We were staying at this beautiful bungalow with the design like an English bungalow. Actually this was my second time staying here... Where is this place that I am mentioning?!

Tah... Tah... It is Overseas Missionary Fellowship (OMF) Bungalow! This place is really beautiful; a bungalow with a big garden outside. In addition, there is a mini playground which is my favorite spot.

We reached Cameron Highlands quite late in the afternoon. We had our lunch at this restaurant situated at the water cress plantation. One thing that is so special here at this restaurant is their water cress herbal tea drink. After lunch, we headed to OMF bungalow. Once we reached there, everyone was so excited about this beautiful place. After we settled down, we had a short briefing section. David gave us an article -with four chapters- for devotion. Thank you David and Katherine for making this retreat a time for us to read. I personally call this retreat 'The Reading Retreat'. Haha... Just my own opinion only! We also brought along a Christian book to read. I brought my favorite autobiography book written by Steve Saint, 'End of the Spear' which I was half-way reading it. Few highlights for the first day were firstly the devotion, 'Rack 'em Up' teaching us to recharge and renew our passion for God. Secondly was the starry, starry night. All of us were standing outside -it was very cold outside- enjoying the beautiful sky that God had painted that night. I was so amazed and nearly wanted to cry because of this awesome and beautiful sky. It reminded me how awesome is my heavenly Daddy! I took some picture of the starry, starry sky. Thanks to Dennis for teaching me the right technique to capture the starry, starry sky.

Second day - I woke up early; as early as 6.30am while everyone still sleeping except for Mrs. Chye -the OMF bungalow caretaker- and her maid. They were cleaning up the bungalow and preparing for our breakfast. After I bathed, I saw a beautiful sunrise! Wow, that was so awesome! Alright, preparing for breakfast at 8am. Lisa, Wai Yi and I wwere the first few started eating breakfast. We were so excited about awesome and delicious strawberry jam that made by Mrs. Chye -we bought one for ourselves too- After morning worship, we went out for a short outing. Then, after lunch at OMF, we started playing games. I had so much fun especially the treasure hunt using photography and the snatching balloon. I laughed and ran around at the same time, in the end, I felt really exhausted and my stomach was so pain. HAHAHA!

Then in the evening, it was raining outside. Before dinner, everyone of were resting and reading. I really enjoyed this moment of quietness. During this retreat, I didn't wear my watch, so most of the time, I don't know about the time. But in my opinion, I liked it very much. Sometimes, we always rushing for time until we forget to slow down in our life. And this retreat was really time for me to slow down and relax. During dinner, the rain stopped and outside became so misty and the air was so cold. We were enjoying our steamboat dinner. I strongly agreed that was the right time to eat steamboat. Love it!

After the dinner, we had a session of free worship. WOW - Worth of Worship! The presence of the Lord was so overwhelming and so powerful. Some of us were broke into tears and Fui Fui and I couldn't stop weeping. I kneel down and bow to the Lord; I was confessing my sins in my life and asking Him to forgive me. I also asked the Lord to renew my desire and passion for Him. Then, I suggested to worship the Lord with the song 'Still'. Few days before the retreat, this song 'Still' was in my thought. And on the first day, the word 'Still' became more and more significant and align well with the retreat. After singing the song, I was led into a prayer. I was shouting in my prayer. I believed that I was led by the Holy Spirit. The presence of the Lord was so strong. After the prayer, immediately I fell on my knee and continued weeping again. Last time, I don't understand why some people can cry so loudly at church during alter call but now I see it well because I experienced it.

A few things that we received from the Lord during the free worship; firstly, REJOICE in the Lord. Secondly, it is the TIME OF REFRESHING. Thirdly, about the GARDEN, just enjoy the presence of the Lord in the garden. Fourthly, if want to taste the Lord, we must make the FIRST MOVE like unwrapping the Ferrero Rocher chocolate. and lastly, learn to be STILL before the Lord. Praise the Lord! Most of us encountering the Lord and renew our desire and passion for the Lord!

I had blessed time of fellowship with my cell brothers and sisters too. Praise the Lord! The retreat was so awesome! Thank God for the awesomeness moment encountering with Him and spent some quality times in building up a great fellowship with the Cell Group.

Check out more photos for this retreat at this address:-
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=110413&id=723969701&l=c21ed90c7f

God bless ya! Cheerio =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment