God is LOVE

"How great is the LOVE the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called CHILDREN of GOD - 1 John 3:1"

Deepavali, also known as Festival of Light, is a festival that is widely celebrates by the Indian. Two days before Deepavali, I went to Jalan Lahat which is situated in old town, Ipoh; together with my friends. In my opinion, Jalan Lahat is like Little India in Ipoh. Every year before Deepavali, there are many stalls set up along the street of Jalan Lahat. And there will be a stage performance too. Colorful lighting and loud music are everywhere at Jalan Lahat.

My friend and I were having our dinner at one of the Indian shop which is situated near Jalan Lahat. Nasi Biryani, Murtabak and Cheese Naan are the 'must try' Indian foods. And we had these yummy Indian foods that night. We were so excited to get out to the street to tap into the Deepavali spirit. Unfortunately, half-way of our dinner, it started to rain! But the rain did not hinder all the activities on that night; street performance still went on and the people were enjoying it. Some still went on with their shopping and the stalls never stop doing their business. How about us? Well, we too were not hindered by the rain.

Sadly, I had to put my camera to rest on that night because of the rain. But it did not stop me from taking photograph that night. I took some photos with the camera that is embedded in my cell phone. After watching a few performance that night, we went around to get something. Well, I bought three boxes of 'Candy' -one of the famous Indian's tidbits. I love Candy very much! Candy is make of coconut and it is sweet.

On that night, I was reminded about the 'LIGHT' that God sent into this world on two thousand years ago. Many people on the street that night still very much does not know about the true 'LIGHT' that God sent to us. Who is this 'LIGHT' that I am talking about? Nobody than Jesus! Jesus indeed is the light of the world. He shines through the darkness in my life since the day I accepted Him as my personal Savior. Knowing Jesus is my Savior, my friend, my father and my God everyday, it is just like celebrating Festival of Light everyday because He is the light in my life; yesterday, today and the days to come!

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life -John 8:12"

AMEN! and God bless ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment